Get yourself up to date with everything we’ve written in the last seven days – it’s weekly roundup time.
Monday 12 November 2018
- How to fit all of Shakespeare in one tweet (and why not to do it!)
- Headmaster fired over cryptocoin mining on the school’s dime
- Botnet pwns 100,000 routers using ancient security flaw
- Terrorists told to hijack social media accounts to spread propaganda
- Microsoft mistake leaves Windows 10 users fuming
Tuesday 13 November 2018
- Google and Cloudfare traffic diverted to China… do we need to panic?
- WordPress GDPR compliance plugin hacked
- DEA and ICE hiding cameras in streetlights and traffic barrels
- Does wiping your iPhone count as destroying evidence?
Wednesday 14 November 2018
- Targeted ransomware attacks – SophosLabs 2019 Threat Report
- HTTP/3: Come for the speed, stay for the security
- Support wouldn’t change his password, so he mailed them a bomb
- Microsoft update breaks Calendar and Mail on Windows 10 phones
Thursday 15 November 2018
- Thought you deleted your iPhone photos? Hackers find a way to get them back
- Official Google Twitter account hacked in Bitcoin scam
- DARPA uses a remote island to stage a cyberattack on the US power grid
- France: Let’s make the internet safer! US: ‘How about NO?!’
- Steganography – cool cybersecurity trick or dangerous risk? [VIDEO]
Friday 16 November 2018
- Could have sworn I deleted that photo from my phone! [PODCAST]
- How to rob an ATM? Let me count the ways…
- Judge asks if Alexa is witness to a double murder
- Hacking MiSafes’ smartwatches for kids is child’s play
- AI-generated ‘skeleton keys’ fool fingerprint scanners
News, straight to your inbox
Would you like to keep up with all the stories we write? Why not sign up for our daily newsletter to make sure you don’t miss anything. You can easily unsubscribe if you decide you no longer want it.
Originally recorded on Facebook Live